Accessibility Improvement Program
Each year the Learning Space Team prioritizes funding to improve accessibility in classrooms.
While the majority of rooms on campus are already accessible, it is important to make continual enhancements for all users of the rooms. A few key strategies include:
- Installing automatic door openers in lecture theatres.
- Including assistive listening units, either built-in or portable, into theatres with 100 seats or more
- Providing height-adjustable furniture.
- Removing the need for keys or access codes to operate wheelchair lifts.
- Replacing stair nosing tread with high contrast photo-luminescent treads for improved visibility.
- Adding acoustic room treatments to improve voice audibility and intelligibility.