COVID-19 GTS Classroom Safety Planning
Last updated: September 17, 2020
A small number of General Teaching Space (GTS) classrooms may be used for in-person teaching in Fall 2020, focused on upper year and graduate level courses. With UBC primarily offering online courses, many instructors are also interested in using classrooms with recording capabilities to pre-record content for their classes, and a number of rooms will be made available for that purpose (by appointment only), starting July 13, 2020.
- The majority of classrooms on campus will be closed through the summer and Term 1. Classroom use is by appointment only.
- No after-hours use of classrooms (after 5pm) to facilitate cleaning
- Occupancy signage with layout for physical distancing in all classrooms
- Where applicable, directional tape on the floor; tape to mark instructional area
- Signage about cleaning frequency
- Enter/Exit designated doors if more than one door
- No food/drink allowed
A COVID-19 safety plan for all GTS rooms to directly support in-person academic teaching for Term 1 (Fall 2020) and any other approved bookings (e.g. instructor recording sessions) is available here (updated September 17, 2020). This safety plan applies only to GTS classrooms and not to departmentally scheduled classrooms or teaching labs which would be covered by their respective departmental safety plans. Please note that this document is subject to change and will be updated as the need arises.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.